Another E46 part designed from the ground up by SLG that nobody else offers! This is for when you need the next level of protection from subframe failures! We see rear bushing arm failures often on drift and turbo/supercharged cars.
The factory E46 differential mounting leaves so much to be desired for many reasons as explained below:
- Power is unevenly distributed through the subframe to the vehicle floor, causing twisting and the notorious cracking of E46 subframe mounting areas
- The diff is held with little leverage, and twists more than you think. With high power and/or clutch kicks we have seen bent front bolts
- The moving diff contributes to blown inner axle CV joints
- We just plain broke the rear mount on our 330. Race car problems!
So, take advantage of what is a power capable diff (up to 500hp) and dont bother upgrading to an M3 subframe setup. Our kit bolts between the diff and the diff cover. It then attaches to the subframe via two weld-on tabs. Laser cut from steel in the USA.
- Differential plate
- Two Subframe mounting tabs
- Two mounting bolts
E46 Non-M HD Differential Mount Kit
- Remove differential and cover
- Install the plate, using differential seal RTV
- Torque bolts to 35 ft/lbs after RTV has cured for an hour. We recommend using longer bolts to get more thread engagement and not strip the case. 30mm with a washer is ok.
- Install diff back into the subframe
- Weld on the first mounting tab, while the diff is still bolted to the original rear mount for placement
- Remove the diff and cut off the original rear mount
- Install the diff and weld on the second mounting tab
- Remove diff and finalize welding
- Paint, what you like, install diff, and go rip!
Due to the intended use of high performance products, Seems Legit Garage, LLC. ("SLG”) products and each part thereof, are sold "AS IS” and with all faults. To the fullest extent allowed by law, SLG Racing Products makes NO written, oral, expressed, or implied statement of warranty or guarantee on any product or part sold. SLG will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages, including but not limited to, damage, injury, loss of life, loss of property or equipment, loss of profits or revenue, or claims from any individual or entity arising from the use of any SLG product.
RACING IS A DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND PURCHASERS OF SLG PRODUCTS ACKNOWLEDGE THE INHERENT RISKS ASSOCIATED. SLG MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT ITS PRODUCTS CAN REDUCE OR ELIMINATE ANY SUCH RISK. SLG products are NOT FOR STREET, HIGHWAY, OR AIRCRAFT USE and are intended ONLY for race vehicles operated on closed-course facilities or race tracks with appropriate supervision of qualified technicians or mechanics to ensure that the safety needs of the race driver and others are met. SLG products could be combined with other products or parts which may not be suitable and could adversely affect performance of other race parts or the vehicle. The user shall determine the ultimate suitability and safety of the product for its intended use, and the user assumes all responsibility and risk in connection therewith.