E36 Dual Caliper Bracket Kits
The Original BMW Dual Caliper Solution!
This dual caliper bracket kit is the easiest and least intrusive way to install a true Formula Drift style secondary/dual caliper hydraulic handbrake setup. Mad skids have never been easier! Don’t use an in-line system, they lead to constantly changing brake bias and pedal feel. Use this standalone dual caliper kit for consistent and reliable sideways action! Read below to find out how we offer the strongest kit on the market.
With this kit you can install a hydraulic handbrake to do epic drifts just like FD2 driver Micah Diaz does on Hoonigan using our products! Video Link
Watch an install video here! Install Video Link
What You Need:
By adding all of the options on this listing, and a handbrake and a master cylinder (links below) you have everything you need to install a hydro handbrake into your BMW!
Our brackets are designed and machined by professional automotive engineers in the USA to be as strong as possible with no compromises, are manufactured in our own machine shop out of aerospace-grade 6061 aluminum to assure the highest quality, use ARP hardware which is stronger than competitors grade 12.9, and are all shipped directly from our door to yours. No BS, we stand by our product no matter what and offer a lifetime warranty. Feel free to reach out with any questions during your build.
Why Choose SLG Brackets?:
Our brackets are designed to not put the force of the handbrake through the trailing arm bolts alone, like our competitors bracket kits do. We also use an extra, 4th bolt, that goes in through the back of the arm for unsurpassed strength. A bonus feature is that our bracket kits always allow you to keep the factory rotors, and never require you to remove the hub to install the kit.
Our brackets are different for every sub-model, as they all have slightly different trailing arms. By doing this we can individualize each bracket model to "grab" parts of each trailing arm, which are all different. For example; a part of our brackets goes through the hole that the original handbrake cable went, and has an extra 10mm bolt secure it from the back of the arm. This takes a large amount of load during a handbrake pull and reduces the risk of one of the smaller bolts breaking.
On top of that we use the factory e-brake pad posts and other machined surfaces on the trailing arm to further reduce the stress the bolts encounter. By doing all of this extra work and not just making a universal kit we ensure we offer the strongest bracket on the market.
- E36 Non-M models use Wilwood 120-9687 calipers due to a narrow rotor and offset
These may be just 2-Piston calipers but they still lock amazing (see @Film.hq slay with them on instagram) and they allow you to keep the factory size rotor unlike our competitors!
- E36 M3 models use 4-Piston Wilwood Dynapro 120-9703 calipers
All model brackets share the following:
- Billet aerospace 6061 aluminum construction
- Computer modeled design and analysis
- Gold Anodizing
- ARP Hardware for connection to trailing arm, and high grade hardware found in other locations
- Allows for use of factory wheel speed/ABS sensors
- Does not require the removal of axle, hub, or wheel bearing to install, unlike comparable products
- Requires removal of dust shield and factory e-brake system
*Not for use on ti or Z3 models
- Remove caliper and rotor.
- Remove factory e-brake shoes, mechanisms, and cables. May be necessary to cut cables and punch it out of the trailing arm from the backside.
- Unbolt the dust shield and cut it, so you are able to bend it around the hub and remove it from the vehicle.
- Clean the trailing arm to remove rust and uneven surfaces.
- Bolt up the billet bracket to the trailing arm, using blue Loctite on the ARP hardware.
- Install the 10mm allen head screw into the bracket from the backside of the trailing arm, through the factory e-brake cable hole.
- Install brake rotor
- Reinstall primary caliper in factory location, and install secondary caliper to the bracket.
- Do mad skids
Terms and Conditions
Due to the intended use of high performance products, Seems Legit Garage, LLC. ("SLG”) products and each part thereof, are sold "AS IS” and with all faults. To the fullest extent allowed by law, SLG Racing Products makes NO written, oral, expressed, or implied statement of warranty or guarantee on any product or part sold. SLG will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages, including but not limited to, damage, injury, loss of life, loss of property or equipment, loss of profits or revenue, or claims from any individual or entity arising from the use of any SLG product.
RACING IS A DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND PURCHASERS OF SLG PRODUCTS ACKNOWLEDGE THE INHERENT RISKS ASSOCIATED. SLG MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT ITS PRODUCTS CAN REDUCE OR ELIMINATE ANY SUCH RISK. SLG products are NOT FOR STREET, HIGHWAY, OR AIRCRAFT USE and are intended ONLY for race vehicles operated on closed-course facilities or race tracks with appropriate supervision of qualified technicians or mechanics to ensure that the safety needs of the race driver and others are met. SLG products could be combined with other products or parts which may not be suitable and could adversely affect performance of other race parts or the vehicle. The user shall determine the ultimate suitability and safety of the product for its intended use, and the user assumes all responsibility and risk in connection therewith.